Welcome to the Montessori Teachers Collective!
Dr. Maria Montessori (1870 - 1952) created a system of learning known as the Montessori Method. She was one of several charismatic and ingenious pioneers of early childhood education who were active during the first half of the 20th century. Today, thousands of Montessori Schools flourish around the world; Dr. Montessori's method is perpetuated through the schools that bear her name and is accepted as best practice in a growing number of traditional school communities, as well.
MTC is a collection of resources for Montessori students, parents and educators. Content is provided and maintained by volunteers. This community is unaffiliated and free to all; you may take what you need.
- A free library of Dr. Montessori's writings, by arrangement with the publishers.
- Teacher's Albums for ages 3 - 9.
- Scope and Sequence information for ages 3 - 12.
- The Great Lessons with illustrations.
- 11 translated lectures and hundreds of Montessori quotes.